At this time, there isn't a firmware update for the S1. Starting January 2018, all of the S1 comes shipped with the latest firmware: 1.3.0. If your firmware is out of date, please check the following pages for firmware update:
There are several notes to keep in mind:
- Please ensure to mount a GoPro camera at all times when the S1 is turned on. Without any GoPro camera mounted on the S1, this will cause premature wear with its motors and issues connecting to the computer.
- If you're using Windows 10, please download the Windows 7/8 drivers instead due to bugs with the Windows 10 driver that prevents the system to establish connectivity with the S1.
- The manufacturer of the S1 USB hardware is no longer supported by newer macOS system (10.13 and above).
- Try different USB cords if you're facing issues.
- Make sure the correct device is selected before connecting.