Periodically, the Removu S1 gimbal may needs to be calibrated to be properly balanced. In addition, sharp temperature changes may cause the S1 to become unbalanced.
Please follow the steps to perform a user calibration:
- Ensure a GoPro camera is mounted on the S1, turn on the S1.
- Press and hold the link and mode button at the time for at least 3 seconds
- Please see the image below for the position needed to calibrate the unit properly. Make sure the GoPro mount* is perpendicular and in contact with the surface.
- Release the link and mode button to activate calibration mode
- Firmly hold down the gimbal for at least 5 seconds while it calibrates
- Restart the unit and see the calibration result, if it's still facing issues, please perform user calibration a few more times. If the motor gets too hot, please cool off the motor for at least 30 minutes. Otherwise this will wear out the gimbal motors prematurely.
*GoPro mount is the piece that's sticking out of the gimbal body on the opposite side of the LED display. For advanced users.
You can watch this video to learn how:
At the moment the S1 no longer have any factory calibration software since it c