Normally this is an issue where the firmware file failed to pass through the update. Try these following troubleshooting steps:
- Ensure the R1+/R1/P1 are at least 50% charged
- Turn on the unit and then hit the reset switch next to the USB port.
- Turn on the unit and connect it to a Windows* computer via USB
- Locate the drive associated with the R1+/R1/P1 (normally located at My Computer/This PC) and right click the drive, then select "Format".
- Format the drive as FAT (or FAT16) depends on the Windows version, do not change any other options
- After formatting, copy and paste the update firmware files to the R1+/R1/P1
- If it still fails, please start over and go over the troubleshooting steps around 3 more times.
* macOS does not have native FAT16 support, we highly recommend to use Windows computer to troubleshoot this issue. However there is a workaround but it's only recommended for advanced users. Please understand that do this workaround at your own risk! Removu held no liability over data loss.
If none of these issue helps, please contact support: https://removu.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new